Friday, December 23, 2011

Loading Screens, Horrible Customer Service, and Sith Warriors

So, I am still having horrendous loading screen issues. When I initially logged onto my Bounty Hunter, everything was good. Awesome. I went did several quests and finished my Bounty Hunter story line on the planet.

As I went back to the spaceport to turn in the final part of my class quest, I saw another quest giver. Cool, I will go check it out. I go up to her, click.....and disconnected from the server. Shit. Try to log on....no go. I tried for about 30 minutes before I just gave up. One thing I have noticed is that when I log off and try to log back on, it will show that my Bounty Hunter is still logged on if I try to go onto another character.

After that fun little issue, I decided to create my Sith Warrior. I went with a Sith, since that seems like the purest of Force Wielders. I actually got an awesome Sith name, and cant wait to get the Darth title. Darth Destructus......I like the sound of that.

Anyways, I plan on playing this guy full on darkside, which opens up my bounty hunter to make some more moral decisions. I would like to play him more as a mercenary than as an evil badass. My Sith Warrior can pick up that role, and already has. I think I got him to level 7 last night before I decided to log off.

Now onto customer service. The customer service from Bioware/EA has been horrendous. Seriously. There are tons and tons of threads with game breaking bugs....and very few responses. Tickets get you a generic response. People are reporting staying on the phone for 2 plus hours to talk with a CSR only to be hung up on. This is not good for them. This is an important time for a new game, and not doing everything you can to fix issues is a big no-no.

So far, the loading issue has one thread that is over 30 pages long and several others that have been posted. The only response from someone on the Dev team was to put your computer diagnostics in the thread. A little bit more information would be very helpful. Have they found the issue? Is it a priority? Seriously. They should invest a little more in helpful people.

Well, that is my rant for the day.

Everyone have happy Hollidays, and may the credits flow your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment